Tuesday, March 1, 2011

March Inspiration

Hi y'all!!! I have a fabulous "new to me" recipe! I just had to share it with y'all as it was such a hit at my kitchen table...and when you have seven peeps around that kitchen table every night, any hit is worth sharing. My BFF and I sat down a couple three weeks ago to work on organizing our recipe books. While we were at it we did a little recipe sharing and this recipe for Mexican Pizza is the first one of hers that I have tried. I am certainly putting the rest of her recipes on my TO-DO very soon list;).

It is rare {actually, quite possibly, never done before} that I scrap a first time recipe but I just knew as soon as this one hit the table. In fact, I wasn't even fast enough to get a photo before the scoopfest began.


The background paper from Cookbookin' is called Check Me Out and it is layered on a sheet of black cardstock. The line is called Gourmet Holiday and can be found here. Flower & leaves at top are fussy cut from Mia Cucina which is also the paper I used for the pennant flags on the banner. I pop dotted some punched cardstock flowers on top of the flags and added little Jenni Bowlin letters. The cool image in the lower right corner is cut from La Dolce Vita. The banner is strung with some Shabby Green Door floss and the ends are tied with some coordinating beads. 

Just in case your eyes are getting to be like mine, here is the recipe in, ahem, larger print;):

Ingredients:
8 oz. cooked spaghetti
1 lb. shredded cooked chicken
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can Rotel
1T chili powder
1-1/2C shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend)
1C sour cream


Directions:
Layer cooked spaghetti into bottom of 9x13 dish. Add cooked chicken on top of spaghetti layer. Mix remaining ingredients together and add on top of chicken layer. Sprinkle with additional cheese and bake at 350* for 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with a nice green salad and enjoy!


I'd love to hear from you if you try the recipe...and especially if you tweek it!!!

1 comment:

  1. Such a gorgeous layout! The recipe looks yummy too! TFS

    ReplyDelete