Tuesday, August 31, 2010

September Sketch Challenge


It's here! Our first monthly sketch challenge!!! The lovely and talented Helen Croft has provided us with our kick off sketch! Isn't it incredible?!?!?

Your mission is to create your very own layout or card based on this sketch. In order to be entered into our drawing your project must have something to do with cooking, eating, food, a kitchen...you get the idea! 
Now, I'm sure you are all wondering about the prize...well, Cookbookin' is offering up a fantastic Halloween Kit! 
The winner will be chosen by a random draw. Once your project is complete just leave a comment on this post with a link to your layout and I will put your name in for the drawing.

Now, here is a little inspiration from the design team to get you started.

From Joanne, we have an adorable card using the Chocolate Celebration's line:
On my layout I used some of the gorgeous Halloween Papers that YOU COULD WIN!


 I just love all the happy little ghosts and the muted shade of orange on the spots! I found some cardstock that matched just perfectly so I used that to make some flowers and to print my recipe on. 

Speaking of the recipe...
Boo Cake {otherwise known as Pumpkin Bread:)))}
Ingredients:
3-1/2 Cups all-purpose flour
1/4t baking powder
2t baking soda
1-1/2t salt
1t each nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon
1-1/2 Cups packed brown sugar
1 Cup vegetable oil
2 Cups canned pumpkin
4 eggs

Directions:
Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices. Add the sugars and mix well.
Add oil and pumpkin to the dry ingredients and stir until combined. I like to use my electric mixer for this. Add eggs, one at a time and blend in thoroughly. Pour batter into WELL GREASED bundt pan. Bake at 350* for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for five minutes and remove from pan to cool. Top with your choice of icing and enjoy!

I can't wait to see what you come up with for our challenge.
Happy Scrapping and GOOD LUCK!

10 comments:

  1. That boo cake looks delish, and the projects are great! I'd LOVE to win that awesome prize, thanks for the chance! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! I just popped over here from Let's Scrap and found this site. My hubby makes a big pot of Chili every year and the neigbors come over for an after trick or treating party. I wonder if I have a picture of his chili? I bet I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great sketch, and a cool challenge, Kristie! I'm definitely going to work on this. I've never done a recipe/cooking page before. Who knows where this will lead me?!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the fun challenge, Kristie! Here's where you can see my layout... http://oscrappyday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to start out! Love the sketch. I am planning gift cookbooks for all my kids and nieces/nephews as they get married which could start soon. I think I will start with this sketch! Thanks Kristie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The recipe sounds yummy & I love the sketch & layout, too! I'm so excited you are having monthly sketch challenges - great incentive to keep me going on my recipe albums =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://tenstorytreehouse.blogspot.com/2010/09/house-held-together-solely-by-love-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job, tenstory! The gingerbread looks YUMMY! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's my layout using the sketch. It was a fun one...thanks!

    http://paisleypetalsblog.blogspot.com/2010/09/cookbookin-september-sketch-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Got my layout done and posted to my blog.
    http://joan-discoveries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete