Monday, August 23, 2010

WELCOME and ~Sack Lunch Choices~


Welcome to the brand spankin' new COOKBOOKIN' blog! My name is Kristie Coleman and I am one of the designers for Cookbookin'. I am just over the moon that Patty asked me to write the blog for them. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it!

This is THE place for you to find lots of inspiration for your cooking related projects and pages!!! We will be featuring TONS of layouts, recipes and projects as well as running tutorials and SKETCH challenges. YES! We will be offering lots of wonderful prizes too!!! Be sure to sign up and follow us so you don't miss out on a thing. And, thanks for stopping by!

Today, I would like to share a back to school project with you. I have five children (ages 2 to 13) so school lunches...well, you can just IMAGINE! That 13 year old...well, his lunches were getting a little...ummm...UNhealthy. So I came up with a little lunchbox guide to hang on the pantry door:


I began this project with a plain corkboard and I used a variety of Cookbookin' goodies to decorate my project. I just LOVE Cookbookin's dimensional stickers!


I used some darling little paper sacks that I found at a craft store to mat my lists and then I added some bits of paper, ribbon and buttons to dress them up a bit.

Each morning all the kids need to look at the lists and make their lunchbox choices accordingly. 

So far, everyone is doing a great job except the 13 year old...had to take an extra salty out of his lunchbox this morning...but the girls are doing GREAT~


All ready for school!


Be sure to check back later this week, I'll have a fun tutorial for you!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being asked to do their blog. I just love your snack guide.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Congrats to you - well deserved ;)

    Cute project!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristie! I'm SOOO excited for you and for ME! I SO need some inspiration for my recipe albums! :-) Your project is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely...I will feature this post on my blog to you leave the credit. Thanks for sharing
    Hugs from Brazil

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such an adorable project and a great idea.

    ReplyDelete