Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Beat the Brownies!

My banana bread beat the brownies!
Yesterday afternoon, I baked some delicious banana bread. I bake it quite often as it always seems that we have the dreaded brown-spotted bananas sneak up on us. You know what I mean, I know you do! So, yesterday morning I woke up to three "way past ripe" brown-spotted bananas just begging to be saved and baked into some delicious bread. To work I went. This is my favorite, tried and true recipe (straight from the Joy of Cooking):


Banana Bread

Ingredients
1-1/3           cup flour
2/3             cup sugar
3/4             tsp salt
1/2              tsp baking soda
1/4             tsp baking powder
5-1/2T        butter
2                eggs
2                bananas
1/2             cup walnuts

Directions
   1. combine dry ingredients
   2. blend butter and sugar
   3. blend dry ingredients into
      butter and sugar mix
   4. blend in eggs
   5. fold in bananas and walnuts
   6. bake 50-60 min at 350 degrees
       until done in center

And here is my layout based on the recipe!



I used the brand new "Salute" paper from Cookbookin's Gourmet Holiday line as my background and then I lined the bottom of the page with some "Check Me Out" and I backed my recipe with some "Fleur De Lis." I embellished my layout with some bits from the "La Dolce Vita" die cut sheet. I LOVE the tags on this sheet!!! This layout was such fun to put together! I so enjoy sewing on my layouts these days and I did a bit of that with the ric rack:) and then I added some fun hanging bead trim. I picked it up at Hobby Lobby on a SUPER sale. I think it is really meant for a lampshade but I just love it here!

So, back to those brownies...last evening dh whipped up some brownies (out of a box) and while they were enjoyed this morning everyone asked for more banana bread in their lunches instead of a brownie!!! Now, if that isn't a good morning I don't know what is~

2 comments:

  1. Great layout and love that beaded ric rac! You have me hungry for some banana bread now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, oooh, LOVE that bead trim with the paper, great layout! :-)

    ReplyDelete