Sunday, October 31, 2010

~Happy Halloween and Contest Entries~

Happy Halloween!!! This is truly one of my favorite holidays. Chocolate and cute costumes, what could be better than that? Granted, my kids never dress up in anything scary...well, last year my 12 year old was technically a scary tree from the Wizard of Oz but he wasn't scary scary. You know what I mean;) What kind of scary tree hugs the Cowardly Lion?

This year the kids are doing a Toy Story theme and while we have a little break in the Halloween fun I thought I'd take a moment to share a couple more projects with you.
This is one of my prized finds from antique shopping in Gatlinburg this past summer, a milk bottle complete with a milk cap!

I decorated it with some bright orange ribbon, a hat pin (another great find at the antique store), a prima flower and a tag made with Cookbookin' paper and a stamp. I found THE cutest little pumpkin potpourri to fill it with:

Just adorable.


I used the very same stamp (can you tell how much I LOVE this stamp) to make myself a necklace and while I was at it I made my daughter a ghosty necklace. I used lots of Inkssentials goodies: memory frames, memory capsules, and memory glass. I threw in some Tim Holtz metals, some super old confetti and ribbon, some cardstock and more Cookbookin' papers.

~Here is my daughter's necklace~

~And this is mine (imagine I am shaking it for you so you can see the confetti moving;))~





And now, for the October Sketch Challenge Entries!!! 
Thank you all for playing along~

From Joan:
From Sandy:

From Roulien:
From Karen:
And from Kathy, just in the nick of time:

Good luck to all the participants. Check back tomorrow to see our NEW November sketch created by Julie Bonner!

Have a happy and SAFE Halloween,

2 comments: