Thursday, November 25, 2010

F~A~M~I~L~Y

 HAPPY THANKSGIVING! 
This year, one little word sums up what I am grateful for: Family.

This is a wall hanging that I made a couple months back and I have been waiting for just the right time to share it with you all. I hope this Thanksgiving Day finds you surrounded by the family you love and that perhaps this project inspires you a little too.

I started with an Adornit Family Frame kit and spritzed the edges and the parts that would show with a bit of brown Maya Mist. Then I began covering it with my favorite Sweet Summertime paper, Sunflowers!
I simply used some glue to adhere the paper.
 Then I got to work filing, sanding, general distressing...
 I was going for an antique look so I added LOTS of inks!



Once I had the backing completed I set to work on the family cutout.
 Again I was really going for that antique look so I used some distress ink on all the papers.
 I used my trusty no measure, just hold up in the air and see if it fits method for backing the individual letters. For some letters I used photos, for others I used some classic Cookbookin' papers.

Finally, I adhered three photos to the wooden cutouts that hang from the family plaque. I printed all my photos in sepia and even sanded them a bit to give even more "age."

To finish off my project I added a few Sassafras buttons, Prima flowers and checked ribbon. 

~~~May you all have a very blessed Thanksgiving~~~


1 comment: